Breakfast is the most important meal of the day right? So why are we constantly drinking only a sugar laden coffee for breakfast? Many people know what they will have for lunch and dinner everyday but struggle with breakfast. Some skip breakfast because they “don’t have time”. Some skip breakfast because they are not hungry. This breakfast meal prep recipe will make sure that you get all the nutrients you need to kill your day!
Reasons People Skip Breakfast
- They “don’t have time”. I understand this one to a point. If you have kids and are rushing around all morning, breakfast may be the last thing on your mind. So you grab a muffin and a flavored iced coffee on the way to work. BAD IDEA. Starting your day with a sugary breakfast will only make your body crave sugar more later in the day. The egg bake breakfast meal prep kills this excuse and gives you a high powered breakfast to match your high powered day.
- They aren’t hungry first thing. This is a reason that is perfectly understandable and is actually just fine when it comes to your health. If you are not hungry first thing in the morning, don’t force yourself to eat. Just be careful that you don’t wait so long that you are starving and ready to eat everything in sight. If this is you, I would recommend drinking a protein shake to make sure your body is running on full power. Save this breakfast meal prep for a pre-workout meal!
- Breakfast adds calories. This is complete BS. Okay, breakfast does have calories in it. However, if you skip breakfast you will be a hundred times hungrier when snack or lunch time rolls around, meaning you will probably take in those extra calories then. Eat a healthy, solid breakfast and you will be amazed at how your morning gets better!
Breakfast Meal Prep Benefits
Meal prepping your breakfast has many benefits, the first being that it saves time. When you can just grab your breakfast in the morning you have no excuses to skip breakfast.
Having a healthy breakfast ready to go is going to help you stick to your goals as well. If you have already eaten or have your breakfast with you, you won’t be tempted to swing in for that muffin and coffee.
Egg, Turkey Sausage, Brown Rice, and Cheese Bake
Why did I choose these ingredients? First off, you get healthy fats, carbs, and proteins in this meal.
The brown rice gives you the healthy complex carbs for immediate energy.
The egg yolks give you the healthy fats that will give you sustained energy.
The turkey sausage and egg whites will give you that fat-burning protein.
The bell peppers will give you those micro-nutrients.
And the cheese makes the dish feel sinful 🙂
This dish is also great because it is low-maintenance and low-cost. You can whip it up in no time at all for very little money.
There are so many great aspects of this dish it is hard to fit them all in, but another big one is that the whole family will love this. Your kiddos will love the flavor, and your husband or significant other won’t be able to tell that it’s healthy 😉
As a woman, sometimes the biggest struggle is making sure that everyone has something to eat that they like. Many times this means that we end up eating foods that don’t fit our goals. With this breakfast meal prep, everyone will be happy including yourself.
Don’t be afraid to make this recipe on the weekends for a brunch or Saturday morning breakfast! Just because it is healthy and a breakfast meal prep recipe does not mean that it can only be eaten on the weekday. Make this recipe a staple in your breakfast line-up for a tight body, happy taste buds, and a kick-butt day.
Serves About 1 cup
1 hrPrep Time
30 minCook Time
1 hr, 30 Total Time
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 5 Egg Whites
- 1 Tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Package Jimmy Dean Crumbled Turkey Sausage
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 2 Cups of Cooked Brown Rice
- 28 Grams of Shredded Monzarella Cheese
- 28 Grams of Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray the bottom of an 8x8 cooking dish with cooking spray.
- Push the cooked rice down into the bottom of the dish, making a base.
- Mix the eggs, egg whites, sausage, peppers, yogurt, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Once the egg mixture is combined, pour over the rice.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and add the cheese on top.
- Continue baking uncovered for another 10-15 minutes.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! I absolutely love coming up with new, healthy, and delicious recipes. What are some of your favorite breakfast meal prep recipes? Drop them in the comments so that I can try them out!